Sunday, July 5, 2015

"She Said The 'W' Word!"



Ladies do have the reputation of dropping the word "wedding" in conversation, don't we? We want people to know we are getting married. After all we are spending lots of money to show our everlasting devotion to the one and only. We also get to wear a pretty white dress, act like a brat & be treated like a princess. What's not to love? Just remember that it can cost you. 

Everything becomes infinitely more expensive when people find out you're getting married. Make up which is normally $50-75 is now $150-200. Same goes for hair, alterations, shoes, etc. While there are some things you can't avoid, for example, your make up artist will catch on pretty quick that you're a bride, same for your seamstress, there are other areas where you can keep your upcoming nuptials a secret.

In my case, I wanted chocolate covered strawberries served with my cake. When I asked the venue how much it would cost, I was quoted a price of $3 per strawberry, plus a 19% taxable administrative fee, 7% sales tax and 15% non-taxable service charge. That's a lot of money for a single strawberry I thought. So I decided to contact a bakery and I told them I needed 100 chocolate coveted strawberries delivered to this place, at this time. I conveniently failed to mention anything about a wedding and whadda ya know? They were $1.75 each. 

If you can help it, remember to tell everyone you're trying to book that you're just having a really BIG party. You can save yourself some bucks by saying nothing about a wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment